Looking for a natural remedy to Corona Virus or Covid-19? Or want to know how to avoid contracting the virus?We have done a quick roundup of what leading alternative health experts in the world are saying to make your lives easier. Not a big reader? Jump to the end for links on how to implement some of these recommendations
Dr Joseph Mercola : Mercola.com
Joe has been on the Natural scene for the longest time and has seen it all. A pioneer in using video in his communications and seemingly a love for krill oil 🙂
He’s focussed on soap & handwashing and has these natural tips for avoiding Covid-19
- The only real defense against COVID-19 is your own immune system, which works best when fed right. While changing your diet is a commonsense solution for the long term, a rapid-response strategy would be to use vitamin C.
- Vitamin C strengthens your immune system and kills pathogens, including viruses, when taken in high doses.
- Other important immune boosting nutrients are vitamin D, magnesium and zinc
- A Korean doctor who’s giving patients and hospital staff 100,000 IUs of vitamin D and 20 to 24 grams of vitamin C by IV reports virus-infected patients are getting well in a matter of days.
- If you own a sauna, now’s the time to put it to regular use. By increasing your core body temperature, which is what happens when you have a fever, your body becomes more efficient at killing pathogens.
On destroying Covid-19 or coronavirus naturally, here’s what he recommends:
- Research suggests that were people to more frequently wash their hands during travel, the risk of pandemic infection could be reduced by 24% to 69%
- Frequently washing your hands during influenza season and other pandemic outbreaks is a crucial safety measure. Habituated face-touching is a vector for self-inoculation and transmission of infectious diseases, and most people touch their face an average of 23 times per hour.
- It’s important to wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, using soap and water. Only when soap and water are unavailable is alcohol-based hand sanitizer recommended, as soap eliminates viruses more effectively.
- Soap very effectively destroys most viruses, including COVID-19. Soap dissolves the fatty membrane that holds the virus together. As the virus falls apart, it is rendered harmless and can easily be washed off under running water.
Dr Oz: DoctorOz.com
A TV Favourite, Dr Oz has been fairly quiet on the Corona Virus front. He’s focussed on answering Whether it’s safe to go outside during the Covid-19 outbreak. Here’s what he has to say
The first thing to think about when deciding whether to go outside, is keeping yourself healthy. Just being outside, in and of itself, is not dangerous. What you do need to be careful of are the people you come into contact with and the things you touch.
- Isolation: This is a public health measure used to prevent the spread of disease. It involves separating a person who is already infected with the disease from the rest of society.
- Quarantine: Like isolation, this is a public health measure used to prevent the spread of disease. However, it involves separating a person who has been exposed to the disease from the rest of society. It is uncertain whether they actually have the disease or not.
- Self-quarantine: The idea behind self-quarantine is the same as quarantine, but it is not mandated. If you think you have been exposed to the disease, it is recommended that you self-quarantine yourself to prevent possibly spreading the disease.
- Shelter in place: This is a technique that has been ordered in California and has been discussed for New York City. A shelter-in-place order requires people to stay home except for urgent or emergency concerns. Whereas “isolation” is used for infected people and “quarantine” is used for exposed people, shelter-in-place is required of everyone.
- Social distancing: Social distancing doesn’t necessarily require you to stay in one place — just to stay away from other people. It involves avoiding crowds and remaining at least six feet away from others.
Mike Adams (The Health Ranger): NaturalNews.com
For those who like their news raw and with a hint of scariness and fear, Mike is your guy. He’s a huge team of writers and is big with those who resonate with conspiracy theories. Is he right? Who knows:) Here’s Mike’s tips on fighting Corona Virus with Natural methods
- Avoid exposure (stay home / avoid crowded places)
- Keep social distance
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds
- Disinfect surfaces with household cleaning products
- Use disposable utensils
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough and sneeze
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Stay home and wear a mask if you are sick
- Make children feel safe and share facts with them
- Empathy is key
- Try to maintain a normal routine
- Model the behavior you want to see
- Take care of yourself by boosting your immunity
Boost your immune system by:
- Take a good Probiotic. Your immune system begins in the gut. Did you know that 80% of your immune system is in your gut? Gut health has overwhelmingly been linked to the health of your immune system. Because of the foods we eat, and the chemicals in our environment.
- Beta-Glucans are one of the greatest weapons ever introduced to the immune system. Beta 1,3D Glucan helps reduce free radicals, can act as an antioxidant, and it’s effective in supporting the immune system by helping naturally modulate a healthy immune system and enhances natural killer cell functionality
- Vitamin D supplementation has been proven to assist with immune system health. A lack of vitamin D is associated with a multitude of health problems. Researchers have found that Vitamin D regulates the enzymes in your brain that help with nerve growth, neurotransmitter production, and synaptic density. These are all things that are essential for brain health.
- Camu Camu as your natural source of Vitamin C -This Peruvian berry is found in the wilderness of the Amazon rainforest. Camu Camu contains more immune-boosting and inflammation-fighting Vitamin C than any other food. In powdered form, just one single teaspoonful of the powerful berry contains 1200% of your daily recommended minimum Vitamin C
Dr Andrew Weil : DrWeil.com
If Father Christmas was a natural health practitioner for Jnauary to November, this is how you’d picture Dr Weil. Harvard educated and multi-published author. Knows his onions!
His recommendations on cleanliness follow the others:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer)
- Not touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Staying home when you are sick
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throwing the tissue away
- Cleaning and disinfecting objects and surfaces you touch frequently.
When it comes to boosting the immune system, he recommends the following:
- Green Tea
- Astralagus membranaceous
- Peppermint chest rub
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Jayney Goddard: Complementary Medicin Association (UK) : The-cma.org.uk
A leading UK voice in teh world of complementary medicine, Jayney has this advice for worldwide readers:
Lifestyle and Nutrition
Eat healthily and the most robust data point to a whole food, plant-based diet as the optimal nutrition approach for general wellness and resilience.
Avoid sugar and all refined carbohydrates such as white bread, pastries, pasta, biscuits/cookies, sweets/candies etc. Sugar compromises immune activity.
Avoid alcohol. The most up to date research really shows that there is no safe level for alcohol consumption.
Cut out processed, refined fats and all animal fats – these compromise circulatory function and promote inflammation – which weakens immune response.
Cut out caffeine as this too can compromise immune response in some people.
Adequate hydration is crucial – hydration attenuates the viral load – should we succumb to any virus – which is why we are often told to rest and drink plenty of water when we are ill. Remember to avoid tea, coffee and other caffeinated drinks – especially so if they contain sugar. You’ll know when you are adequately hydrated if your urine is a pale straw colour.
Exercise is vital for us all – and it does a great deal to support a robust, healthy immune system. We humans are designed to move, and it is impossible to be optimally healthy if we lead a sedentary life. As we know, ‘sitting is the new smoking’ – and active gym sessions and bouts of exercise don’t offset the damage done by long periods of sitting, e.g. watching TV, working on a computer etc. When we are well, it’s vital to take at least 30 minutes exercise every day but aim for more than that – and spread your activity throughout the day too.
Adequate sleep is vital to health as we all know – and so much has been written about this already so I won’t go into it in depth here. However, it is a fact that poor, disrupted sleep and insomnia really do dramatically compromise immune function. So, with this in mind, I wanted to point you towards Yoga Nidra Meditation for Deep, Restorative Sleep
Hand-washing, It is always a sensible precaution to observe general hand sanitation procedures all year round – and even more so when there is a potentially serious virus doing the rounds, whether it is seasonal flu (which kills many thousands of people every year) or Coronavirus
- Essential Oils, Essential oils can be dispersed with an atomizer (one to five drops essential oil for every 3 tablespoons of distilled water). For a very basic anti-microbial spray, mix a few drops of the essential oils of Lavender and Tea-tree with distilled water in a plant sprayer and spray liberally around your rooms.
Dave “Bulletproof” Asprey: Blog.DaveAsprey.com
A relative new kid on the block and self-styled Bio-Hacker and creater of bulletproof 360 and coffee with a kicker. Here’s how he is choosing to protect himself from Covid-19
- One of the things that it does is damage people’s hearts, not just lungs. It seems to do this through increasing inflammation beyond what would be normal, what we call a cytokine storm. A cytokine storm happens when your immune system starts pumping out so many cytokine proteins that they start attacking healthy cells and causing a lot of inflammation.
- EGCG is a powerful polyphenol found in green tea that helps protect cells from damage. Research shows it inhibits interleukin-6, which can help protect your lungs
- ANDROGRAPHIS, This is something that I actually take when I fly, especially during cold and flu season, whether or not I’m staring down the barrel of a coronavirus epidemic. Andrographis is an herb, and out of dozens and dozens of plants that have been tested, this is something that inhibits IL-6 very potently, in fact, more than some prescription drugs.
You can get it in combination with echinacea, and that combination was studied in one or two trials, and it actually reduced respiratory tract, viral and bacterial infections by, I believe, 20%. And it also reduced the severity of them.
- Sage, oregano, and bay leaves all decrease IL-6. You can pick up alcohol-based sage, oregano, and bay leaf extracts. You can usually find them at natural grocery stores and health specialty stores.
- Probiotics are friendly microbe strains that researchers have identified to help your digest your food and boost your body’s natural defenses. Look for strains like:
- Bifidobacterium infants
- Saccharomyces boulardii (a beneficial yeast)
- Lactobacillus Casei
- Lactobacillus salivarius
- Vitamin D3, zinc, and magnesium are all on the list of top five supplements you should be taking every day anyway. They all have research behind them showing they reduce IL-6.
- Don’t accept bad sleep
- Don’t overtrain
- Don’t Fast
- Don’t Smoke
- Don’t breathe mold.
Summary Recommendations and where to buy them.
Lots of companies are not shipping right now, so we’ve curated a list of pleaces we know you can still get these delivered safely.
Organic Soap —-> Available Here
Vitamin C. Try Maca Maca —–> Available Here
Vitamin D3: Try this ——-> Available Here
Probiotics: —> Try Alkadophilus from Here
Updated: 3 April 2020